A beautiful smile not only makes you look youthful, but it also boosts your self-confidence and enhances your personality. Unfortunately, crooked, stained or chipped can ruin your smile and facial aesthetics. However, there is no need to worry. If you have damaged teeth that are negatively affecting your smile and personality, then we have the perfect cosmetic treatment option for you; porcelain veneers designed with the contemporary CEREC system-based CAD-CAM technology.
What are CAD-CAM Porcelain Veneers?
A veneer is a thin shell of porcelain that is attached to the front surface of damaged teeth to restore their appearance, function and structure. However, instead of the conventional veneers, we offer the revolutionary porcelain veneers prepared by using CAD-CAM technology. CAD-CAM, an acronym for “computer-aided manufacturing and computer-aided designing”, refers to a technology in which dental prostheses are designed and manufactured using the latest computer technology. As a result, the prostheses prepared by using the CAD-CAM technology are not only much stronger and more durable, but they also possess superior aesthetics than the conventional veneers.
Who can Benefit from Dental Veneers?
At Dental Designs Clinic, we recommend CAD-CAM porcelain veneers for the management of the following problems:
- Chipped and Crooked Teeth – porcelain veneers are an excellent option for restoring the structure and aesthetics of teeth which have been damaged either as a result of cavities or an accident.
- Stained Teeth – Even with the advances in teeth whitening technology today, some teeth stains cannot be removed through a professional whitening procedure. Such teeth can have the tooth colour cosmetically restored by having porcelain veneers bonded to the front of them by a dental professional.
- Spaces Between Teeth – anaesthetic spaces between adjacent teeth can be managed by attaching veneers over them.
- Smile Makeover – if you are not happy with your smile, we can a customise and design a brand new smile with porcelain veneers prepared by using the CAD-CAM technology.
Although virtually anyone can benefit from dental veneers, extra care needs to be taken in patients who have a habit of excessively grinding their teeth.
Find out more about Dental Veneers with Dental Design today!
How are Veneers Prepared using CAD-CAM Technology?
One of the best things about the CAD-CAM technology at Dental Designs Clinic is that veneers can be prepared at the dental chairside and that too in a matter of hours! At Dental Designs Clinic, we use the quality German designed and manufactured Dentsply Sirona CEREC CAD-CAM system for fabricating veneers for our esteemed patients. Here’s how we prepare CAD-CAM based veneers for your new smile:
- Clinical Evaluation – first, our dentists will thoroughly examine your teeth to ascertain whether you are a suitable candidate for getting veneers. We will also prepare a detailed treatment plan which will be customized according to your dental and aesthetic needs.
- Tooth Preparation – next, we will prepare the affected teeth for the attachment of the veneers by removing a very thin layer of the tooth enamel. This is done to create space for the attachment of the thin porcelain veneers.
- Digital Impressions – once the damaged teeth have been prepared, we will make a digital impression using an intra-oral camera. This impression will be fed into special software which allows our dentists to design your veneers with precise dimensions and shade which matches with the neighbouring teeth.
- Preparing the Veneers – after the veneers have been designed in the software, we will use the 3D milling machine to fabricate the porcelain veneers at the dental chairside. Afterwards, the ceramic is stained and glazed to achieve life-like aesthetics, for beautiful yet natural-looking teeth.
- Attaching the Veneers – The dental procedure is straightforward and simple: we attach the veneers to your teeth by using adhesive cement.
Ceramic veneers prepared using conventional techniques typically require several weeks for completion, in addition to demanding multiple patient visits, whereby the teeth are covered in a temporary layer which are uncomfortable and can crack and stain before the final veneers are placed. In contrast, CAD-CAM based porcelain veneers can be fabricated in a single day. CAD-CAM based veneers allow you to enjoy the smile of your dreams in less than a day!
Pros and Cons of Ceramic Veneers Prepared from CAD-CAM Technology
In addition to requiring considerably lesser fabrication time, veneers prepared by using our latest CEREC technology offer several advantages over the conventional ones:
- Accuracy and Precision – there is always room for error when any dental prosthesis is made by humans in a dental laboratory. This problem has been eliminated with the CAD-CAM technology, which allows for the fabrication veneers with precise and accurate dimensions.
- Longevity – veneers prepared by using the CAD-CAM technology have few structural defects. As a result, they have better longevity than the conventional ones.
- Superior Aesthetics – thanks to the CEREC system, highly aesthetically pleasing ceramic veneers can be prepared which exactly match the shade and colour of your adjacent teeth, thereby becoming virtually indistinguishable.
CAD-CAM technology is the future of cosmetic dentistry. Therefore, we have started using the state-of-the-art CEREC CAD-CAM system to prepare ceramic crowns for our patients which are not only cosmetically pleasing but also restore dental structure and function. So, what are waiting for? The smile of your dreams awaits you at Dental Designs Clinic. So, visit our dentist today and let us realize your perfect smile and personality with our milled porcelain veneers.
- Single Visit Fabrication Of a Porcelain Laminate Veneer with Cad/cam Technology: A Clinical Report
Dean Vafiadis-Gary Goldstein – (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0022391311001004)
- Digital Dentistry: an Overview Of Recent Developments For Cad/cam Generated Restorations
F. Beuer-J. Schweiger-D. Edelhoff – (https://www.nature.com/articles/sj.bdj.2008.350)
- The Use Of Cad/cam Technology in Design and Manufacture Of Thin Laminate Veneers
Danimir Jevremović-Branka Trifković-Ana Lapcevic-Tatjana Puskar-Igor Budak-Djordje Vukelic-Janko Hodolic – (https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-Use-of-CAD%252FCAM-Technology-in-Design-and-of-Thin-Jevremovi%C4%87-Trifkovi%C4%87/96820acce72eb6bb6235e17785aef030ba8ffd1f)
- Clinical long-term results with 617 Cerec veneers: a nine-year report
- Evaluating Cad-cam Generated Ceramic Veneers
Liu KF; – (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8340547/)
- Internal adaptation, marginal accuracy and microleakage of a pressable versus a machinable ceramic laminate veneers